Insect Bites and Stings and Spider Bites - Emergencies
Do you have any of the following symptoms that require emergency treatment?
Call 911 or other emergency services immediately.
- Signs of shock occur:
- Moderate to severe difficulty breathing occurs:
- You have had a previous severe allergic reaction
(anaphylaxis) to a similar bite or
- Rapid swelling of the throat or tongue
- An uncontrolled jerking of muscles (seizure) occurs
along with unresponsiveness.
Protect the person from harm during the
- You have swelling of the eyeball (not around the eye or the
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
February 01, 2008
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2010 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Insect Bites and Stings and Spider Bites Topics