Cold Temperature Exposure - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long
have you had your symptoms?
- What was the weather when you were
outdoors and your symptoms began?
- How long were you exposed to cold
- Have you had cold injuries before? Do you have any
continuing problems because of them?
- What first aid home treatment
measures have you tried? Did they help?
- If your skin was frozen,
how long was it frozen? Did it rewarm? Did it get frozen
- Were you using any illegal drugs, alcohol, or tobacco at the
time of your cold exposure?
- Are you currently taking any medicine?
If so, are you following the prescribed dosage and schedule? Has there been any
recent change in your dosage or schedule?
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
February 28, 2010
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2011 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Cold Temperature Exposure Topics