Vomiting During Pregnancy Treatment
1. Try Changing Eating Patterns
- For morning nausea, eat toast, cereal, crackers, or other dry foods before getting out of bed.
- Eat cheese, lean meat, or other high-protein snack before bedtime.
- Sip fluids, such as clear fruit juices, throughout day. Don’t drink lots of fluid at one time.
- Eat small meals or snacks every two to three hours instead of three large meals per day.
- Don’t eat fried, greasy, or spicy foods.
- Avoid foods with strong odors that are bothersome. Or eat foods cold or at room temperature.
2. When to Call a Doctor
- Seek medical help if vomiting is so severe or constant that the person can’t keep down fluids or food.
3. Follow Up
- The doctor may need to treat the person for dehydration.
- The doctor may recommend medication to control vomiting during pregnancy.