Eye Burns/Corneal Burns Treatment
Call 911 if:
- Eyeball looks cloudy
- The person notices a sudden change in vision
For Heat Burns to the Eye:
1. Flush Eyes
- Fill a sink or dishpan with cool water.
- Have the person put their face in water.
- The person should open and close eyes to get water to all parts of eye.
2. When to See a Doctor
Call a doctor if the person has:
- Decreased, double, or blurred vision that doesn't clear with blinking
- Eye pain
- Discomfort when looking at light
- The feeling that something like sand is in eye
- Redness, swelling, twitching, tears, or discharge
- Any symptom lasting more than 24 hours
- Symptoms that happen more often or get worse