Alcohol Intoxication Treatment
Call 911 if the person has these symptoms of alcohol poisoning:
- Mental confusion or unconsciousness
- Repeated vomiting
- Slow or irregular breathing
- Low body temperature
- Pale, clammy, or bluish skin
1. Stop Further Drinking
- Leave the place where the alcohol is, or put the alcohol away.
- Coffee, cold showers, and other traditional remedies don't work.
2. Keep the Person Safe
- Never allow someone to drive when they are drunk.
- Keep the person away from machinery, bicycles, skateboards, swimming pools, and other hazards.
- Watch for signs of alcohol poisoning.
David T. Derrer, MD on March 16, 2013
© 2013 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.